BASES AND STRUCTURES FOR HALO

Builds & Discussions
Are you a diorama maker? MOC creator? Individual who actually enjoys playing with your Halo sets? Well if you are I bet you've noticed a distinct lack of playsets or structures to set up figures and vehicles around. My little brother and I have collected and played with our Halo sets as opposing armies for years. Over these many years we have spent hundreds of dollars on sets and have accumulated little more than a couple walls and barricades. My solution and pitch to save this lacking aspect of the Halo line of Mega Construx is base sets. Could you imagine a cube or cylinder shaped baseplate that had walls 10 or 12 bricks tall with a removable ceiling? It could be completely bare on the inside and customized with people's brick collections or even miniature armory sets to decorate these bases. Mega could have printing on the walls that make it look like a banished, covenant, or unsc bases and could have different shapes and sizes that could be interpreted in different ways. If this post gets a little following I might even make a model or at least a blueprint giving a visual to my idea.

MCX staff and set designers have previously explained that structure sets don't sell very well compared to vehicles and figures, which is why they generally don't make them anymore.

NatoGreavesy wrote: MCX staff and set designers have previously explained that structure sets don't sell very well compared to vehicles and figures, which is why they generally don't make them anymore.
….And yet many of Mega’s secondary builds have been structures; so why not split the diff and create a modular structure with the secondary builds? The builders box (vehicle bay / garage) and the Pelican (wall and door) secondary builds are prime examples of this idea…You can put these sets together to create a bigger structure…Mega could continue this trend until collectors have an entire firebase built entirely from secondary builds! Collectors are happy and Mega sales go through the roof!! It’s a win win win!!!! 🤩🤩🤩

Vega112 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:44 pm
NatoGreavesy wrote: MCX staff and set designers have previously explained that structure sets don't sell very well compared to vehicles and figures, which is why they generally don't make them anymore.
….And yet many of Mega’s secondary builds have been structures; so why not split the diff and create a modular structure with the secondary builds? The builders box (vehicle bay / garage) and the Pelican (wall and door) secondary builds are prime examples of this idea…You can put these sets together to create a bigger structure…Mega could continue this trend until collectors have an entire firebase built entirely from secondary builds! Collectors are happy and Mega sales go through the roof!! It’s a win win win!!!! 🤩🤩🤩
Yet you forget, the reason they are secondary builds are because they aren't "good enough" to be an entire set. and most of them dont look that good( no offense mega) the only ones that could be used as a firebase are the pelican and building box.

Bmatt123 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:05 pm
Vega112 wrote:
Yet you forget, the reason they are secondary builds are because they aren't "good enough" to be an entire set. and most of them dont look that good( no offense mega) the only ones that could be used as a firebase are the pelican and building box.
Agreed, but that firebase set would sell like hot cakes

Bmatt123 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:05 pm
Vega112 wrote:
That's why you do modular builds, meaning you choose which build you want, that way everyone is happy. They're already doing this and all I'm saying is to streamline it a bit more.

Return to “Halo”