To use this feature you need a Mega™ Account.
35+ years of making toys - and counting!
Our story starts all the way back in the 60’s, but it wasn’t until 1985 that we launched our big building blocks. Designed specifically for toddlers, we were the first brand to create construction toys for toddlers. We didn’t start making traditionally sized bricks until our customers began asking for a more fairly priced option. And this is where we like to think we shine. Well with value, but also in that we’re continuously seeking way to deliver creativity to kids!
Here’s a brief look at the unique contributions MEGA™ has made in the construction toy aisle:
Ritvik Holdings is created; this family-owned Canadian toy distributor goes on to become a lead in the Canadian toy market
Ritvik introduces the Mega Brands toy line to Canada and the U.S
• We launch our iconic “Maxi” block designed specifically for preschoolers
• We launch our Block Buddies™ characters
We release the Big Building Bag – today’s no. 1 construction toy in the U.S. and recognized around the world
By the end of the 80’s, MEGA™ preschool toys are being distributed 30 countries
We launch our “micro” brick (standard sized construction bricks) to create a full-fledged line of toys that cater to children (and kidults!) of all ages
We expand into Europe and Latin America
We release our first wagon (the Y2K Wagon) – one of our most popular toys still in production today
• Ritvik goes public and officially changes our name to Mega Bloks Inc.
• We expand into Asia
We purchase Rose Art Industries, an arts and crafts, games and puzzles manufacturer – that was also at one time the largest pencil manufacture in the world
• We change our corporate name to MEGA Brands Inc.
• We purchase The Board Dudes Inc., maker of dry erases boards, cork boards and other school and classroom products
• We release our “Plasma Dragon” line of toys featuring slime – today known as the “Breakout Beasts”
• We partner with Microsoft to launch our iconic line of Halo toys
• We begin creating collectors set based on pop culture licenses
We launch our popular line of Barbie and Hot Wheels toys
We become part of the Mattel family, a leading global toy company
We launch the Block Scooping Wagon, a highly popular preschool toy
We launch our Peek-A-Blocks line, providing preschoolers with a brand-new way for to build